Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thank You... Alphabet Soup

Today's segment is being brought to you by the letter K

That's Karla with a K!

Karla is truly one of our best friends. She is crazy, funny and has a heart as big as TEXAS! She is like Auntie Mame, Miss Texas and the naughty little girl next door all mixed together. She is also the first person on the scene when any of her friends or family needs support. I should say when anyone needs support as her generosity has extended to complete strangers. We have seen each other through the joys of life and held hands through the ugly rough bits.

She stood by my side when I (Brandon) searched and found my Birth Mother many years ago. Yes, I am adopted but that's another story for later. She has also made it possible for us to forge ahead with our own adoptions plans.

On or around my 40th birthday we had a long talk about unfulfilled dreams. All in all, these aspirations had long passed both of us by. Adopting a child was one of my dreams that remained unfulfilled. You see, Jose' and I considered adoption over nine years ago but it was so complicate, for domestic partners, we gave up. She gave me the confidence, resources and contacts to make our dream became a reality. We do not have a baby yet but we would not have gotten this far without Karla's love and support. We can not wait for the day when we can introduce our baby to the person that helped us along our adoption journey. Karla, thanks for the laughs through the years and thanks for always believing in us.

Much Love,
Brandon (and Jose')

1 comment:

It's Daddies. Plural. said...

Thanks Karla... we all need freinds like you by our side!