Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Little Playhouse

The Heritage Society at Sam Houston Park

The Baker Family Playhouse was constructed in 1893 by Captain James A. Baker for his daughter Alice. At the time of its construction, the Baker family lived at 1104 San Jacinto Street. Over the 118 year history of the playhouse, it moved with the family five times and entertained four generations of Baker children. In 2010, the playhouse was moved to Sam Houston Park to spare it from demolition and to allow future generations of children the chance to enjoy its charm.

No comments: