Thursday, January 1, 2009

Getting to Know us... Profile Excerpts - Jose's thoughts about adoption


Jose and Jose's Father


Dear Reader,

This excerpt came from our profile that is shared with potential Birth Mothers. My Story is below.

Jose's thoughts...

I was not adopted but I can relate to the circumstances. I was 6 when my world changed forever with the death of my biological Mother. At that point aunts, sisters, and housekeepers assisted with my care. Five years later my father remarried. Through this experience I learned that a parent does not have to be related by blood to love or give a child guidance.

This is the reason adoption is right for me. I benefited from the love and care I was given by many individuals. I would like to raise a child as part of my family and give him or her all I was given. Family is a state of mind that grows from the love you have in your heart.

No comments: